Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013

DIY (Do It Yourself) Acid Washed Shorts (Used Pants/Jeans)

I got a lot of unused old pants in my closet since I was not fond of wearing shorts way back then. Though some of my pants still fit on me yet their designs (bootleg) are somehow outdated. And since I love wearing shorts now because it feels more comfty, I decided to turn these pants into shorts!

So here are the things you need to prepare:

Old pants
Dye
Hot water (for the dye)
Rubber bands
Bleach / chlorine


1. Cut the pants in your desired measurement and soak it in a water with bleach for two to three hours or until the color fades.




2. Tie the different sides of the jeans using a rubber band. Remember to tie it tightly.




3. Dissolve the dye in a hot water and soak the jeans on it. However, don't soak it totally so that it will leave undyed parts on the jeans.




4. After it, let it hang under the sun for drying.




5. I decided to make it ripped jeans eventually for a sorta preppy style.



And now my old pants are not useless anymore! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment